Saturday, November 29, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
This is going to be a completely random and totally boring update about my life. Here we go.
1. I have 27 days until my birthday.
2. 27 days left of being 14 that means.
3. I am approximately 1/12 of the way done with high school.
4. After tomorrow, I have 55 exams left in my high school career. (Unless I don't take 5 classes every trimester)
5. Saturday I am going shopping with my mom.
6. I want to talk in Creole to someone.
7. I have no one to talk to because all the Haitian-Americans I know would make me feel embarassed to try speaking it with them.
8. My friends are amazing :)
9. I don't feel good.
10. I never want to eat junk food again.
11. But I probably will by the middle of next week. Probably before.
12. I think that's everything random I had to say.
13. Told you it was going to be boring.
14. Oh yeah, and I wish I could drive.
15. But I can't.
16. And I watched Juno for the first time today.
17. It's pretty funny, and it's good.
18. Ok now that's everything.
19. Still boring though.
Au revoir cheries :)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
I just remembered that I hadn't posted this video yet. This is at the Harvest Festival we went to at the Haitian Church last Friday. They had an air hockey table in one of the rooms, but only one handle-thing-whatever-those-are-called... but there was a lot of cans of cranberries on a shelf next to the table, so we started using those. Me and Brenda had a lot of laughs with this thing... :) Sorry the video is not very good, I was trying to hold it above the table and play at the same time, so I couldn't see anything I was videoing.
Friday, November 7, 2008
This is Dani. She is going to kill me for this. Unless she doesn't find out so shh... ;) Kidding. You may tell her, I don't care. :)
Other Dani quotes:
"I put 'white/caucasian' for this, but I'm Italian, so what else do I put? Am I Middle Eastern??"
(To which I laughed really hard and she said "What? Wait what's a Middle Eastern person?" And I laughed more and told her "Like an Iraqi" And then she laughed with me... and then wondered if she was Latino...)
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
1) Saying that we aren't old enough to vote anyways so who cares isn't a good comeback.
2) I am old enough to care.
3) We can vote in the next election so if you don't care, you should start.
4) What happens in this elections is going to effect you whether you think so or not.
5) Abortion is murder any way you put it.
6) If God did not have a purpose for the baby, the woman would not have gotten pregnant in the first place. Yes He has that power.
7) I believe that woman have a choice.
8) That choice is made when they get pregnant.
9) And the choice is to take that chance of getting pregnant or not risking it.
10) After that it is up to God.
11) You can't say there is no other option for women either.
12) Even if they are teenagers.
13) They were responsible enough to get pregnant, they can be responsible enough to go through with the consequences.
14) Once they have the baby, there is a wonderful thing called adoption.
15) If you don't want your baby, someone else does.
16) If a woman has an abortion or if her baby is put up for adoption, she is still going to think about that child for the rest of her life.
17) Personally, I would rather think about a child that is still alive.
18) You also cannot say that men shouldn't worry about abortion because they don't have to go through it anyways.
19) Someone has to get the girl pregnant.
20) Not all men leave if a woman gets pregnant either.
21) And if he does, the woman should not have been messing around with him in the first place.
22) You can not be born gay.
23) It is a choice.
24) There is no other way around it, none, plain and simple - a choice.
25) God did not create us to be man and man or woman and woman.
26) We were created to be man and woman.
27) I do like basing my arguments on faith and religion.
28) The government should be involved in whether or not women can have abortions, and whether or not gay people can get married.
29) Our country was founded on Christian faith.
30) Our country should still be run on Christian faith.
31) The Bible is not manipulated to say that being gay is wrong.
32) It is wrong. The Bible says so. Not manipulated.
33) I am okay with people having different opinions.
34) God did not make us all to think exactly alike and be robotic.
35) But if you say you are a Christian, you better not be going against what the Bible says.
Would do you think Jesus would vote for? Who do you think He IS voting for? And would you tell him these arguments and expect him to go with them??
My answer - When I graduate from high school, I want to go to college. Hopefully I will have my freshman year done from doing Dual Enrollment. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with my life as far as a career goes, but there are a few things I'm thinking about. (missionary, photographer, mission photographer, ESL teacher, elementary language teacher, adult literacy teacher, inner-city teacher... that kind of stuff) After college, if it works out with everything, I want to go to Haiti for 3 months. But farther on than that, I really have no idea!! :)
Mom said - Happy blogiversary! I didn't even celebrate mine so you're one up on me! Hmmm... what question to ask...If you could solve or fix one of the world's greatest problems, what would that be?
My answer - I wish I could fix it so that everyone would be Christians and would go to Heaven and would think like any person in their right mind would, but I can't do that... so I guess I would fix the problem of people being unhealthy. That covers a lot actually haha. That would mean good diets, enough sleep, minimal alcohol, enough exercise... stuff like that. It bothers me that people don't care about how they treat their bodies. I also think that if everyone was healthier, they would be happier and more reasonable, which would end up solving other problems in the world too.