Thursday, September 25, 2008

Answers

Finally - here are my answers to the second chance survey...

Mom: I know you are pretty sure you'll be doing something in missions with your life... are you thinking anything specifically yet as far as your interests go? Would it definitely be in Haiti? I know that you are waiting on God and where He leads you but I just wondered about your thoughts at this point.

Answer: I'm not sure exactly the specifics yet... I really don't want to expect anything so I won't be disappointed in where God puts me. I know for sure I want to spend at least 3 months in Haiti sometime, but not necessarily move there. I also don't think I'm ever going to stop going there completely, because I love it so much. One thing that I think would be really fun to do is travel to every country in the world. I figured out that if I spent 2 weeks in every country, it would take me about 6 years. And if I get my freshman year of college done in highschool, then I should graduate when I'm 21... then I could do the traveling thing and be done by the time I was 27. But who knows? That's a long way off...

Amy: I am not a "blog commenter", but I couldn't resist asking questions.1. What Christ-like trait amazed you most in the believers in Haiti? 2. What Christ-like trait seems to be showing more in you since being in Haiti? 3. What do you most want your Michigan friends to understand about the changes and passion in your life since being in Haiti?

Answer: 1. It always amazes me how real the people are. They aren't afraid to sing loudly and dance in church and just be happy. They move. They get animated. They're excited about God. I wish America was more like that, most people look like statues in church. 2. I don't know if this counts as a Christ-like trait, but I feel like I wait for God to tell me what to do now more than I did before Haiti. 3. I want people in Michigan to understand that this is a big part of my life and even if I try not to talk about it or think about it, I can't help it. And I also can't explain to people that haven't been there why I like it so much. It's something you have to experience, and if I try to explain it, people give me blank stares or they just pretend to understand. I want people to understand that I don't go down there just for my friends. Sure, I like hanging out with them when I'm there, but if they weren't there, I would still go back. They aren't my whole reason, and who doesn't like hanging out with their friends? Especially those they don't see except for one or two weeks out of the year.

I'm not going to base another post on Haiti questions probably, but if you have a question, even if it has nothing to do with the post, feel free to ask me. :)

No comments: