Saturday, September 20, 2008
100th Post :)
Finally - I made it to the 100th post!! Woo-hoo! So here is 100 things about me that you may not have known before but you do now :) Have fun learning! ;)
1. I was born on December 17, 1993.
2. My brother Logan was 22 months old I think.
3. I weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. and was 21.5 inches long.
4. I was born at 3:04 AM.
5. We moved to Allendale when I was 3 years old.
6. When we got our dog Smokey, I was deathly scared of her and would run away (like I did when we first got her... I remember jumping on a chair and not coming off for a while) :)
7. Smokey was born the day we moved into our Allendale house.
8. Logan obviously got to go to school before I did and I was always jealous.
9. I remember going to the bus stop when school was over so I could walk with him home.
10. There was a family down the street that we always played with.
11. The girl in that family was 4 years older than me.
12. I have a class with her this year.
13. They moved away when I was probably 6 or 7 and I haven't really talked to her since.
14. Last year my band teacher told me that I reminded him of her... he had no idea she was basically my best friend way back when.
15. I started playing soccer when I was about 6 years old.
16. I have played ever since.
17. Last year I played volleyball for school.
18. I am never playing again ;)
19. I don't remember the name of my preschool teacher.
20. For Kindergarten I had Mrs. Lutke.
21. First grade - Mrs. Czechojwski or something like that (a.k.a. Mrs. C)
22. Second grade - Mrs. Segall
23. Third grade - Mrs. Mumy
24. Fourth grade - Mrs. Kwekel
25. Fifth grade - Mrs. Hastings
26. In Kindergarten my best friend was Hollie Rogers.
27. On the first day of first grade, I met Kasie Pleiness.
28. She was my best friend until 3rd grade when we got put in different classes.
29. In 3rd grade I had no best friend, the group I hung out with was pretty interesting... yeah don't go there... lol.
30. In 4th - 6th grade, Hollie was my best friend again.
31. At the end of 6th grade, I started hanging out with Camryn DeLooff.
32. We were best friends in 7th grade.
33. Our other best friends were Mallory Soule and Kaley Moskalewski.
34. My mom loves Kaley's name. :)
35. About halfway through the summer before 8th grade, I realized how rich and selfish Camryn was and stopped hanging out with her.
36. Then I started hanging out with Anna Hill and Dani Snyder and some other people.
37. Even though I now don't like the term "best friend", they would be considered mine.
38. In 4th grade, I got the chicken pox.
39. They itch really bad.
40. I hadn't been able to catch them before... my cousin had them when I was about 6 and I was hugging him and whatever - never got them. A kid in my class in 4th grade got them and left as soon as he realized it - I caught them.
41. I also broke my arm in 4th grade.
42. I had a purple cast.
43. It had to be taken off and redone because my thumb was numb.
44. It didn't do anything changing it, my thumb was numb for the full 6 or 8 weeks or whatever it was.
45. When we moved into the house we live in now, I found a lady bug ring in my room.
46. I still have it.
47. But it doesn't fit.
48. My mind works interestingly...
49. I say very random things a lot of times if you haven't noticed that yet.
50. I also point out the obvious a lot :)
51. I got a cell phone at the beginning of last school year.
52. It's white.
53. I still have it - I don't understand how people can go through like 4 phones a year...
54. That could have something to do with having been to Haiti 3 times... :)
55. I went to Haiti for the first time last summer with a team of 16 to do a VBS.
56. I went again in Febuary this year for a work trip.
57. Then I went again in July this summer for another VBS.
58. It is my favorite place in the whole wide world.
59. I like the work trips and VBS trips pretty equally.
60. On the work trips there is a lot more extra time, so I get to hang out with friends or go into the village more. (Or swim in the dam) :) And on the VBS trips I get to see all the different kids all day :)
61. I have quite a few friends in Haiti, considering I don't speak Creole.
62. Last summer I met Tipap, Jeanbeauvis, Makarie, Joelle, Merillean, Jeronne, and Sefanya.
63. We (me, Tiffany, Paige, Aaron) hung out with Tipap and Jeanbeauvis and sometimes Joelle.
64. In Febuary I met Fransle, Mickenson, Misslen (Tipap's sister), Makarie's brother (can't remember his name), and a few other kids that I can't remember their names.
65. We (me, Tiffany, Paige, sometimes Aaron) hung out with Tipap, Jeanbeauvis, and sometimes Joelle... he hung out with us more this trip than last summer but still not as much as the other guys.
66. In July I met Esaie, Sano (Tipap's cousin), Kerline, Akeem, "Jim" (that's what he told us his name was... Paige told us his real name, it starts with a T but I can't remember it) and some other guys that never really introduced themselves. :)
67. We (me, Tiffany, and Paige) hung out with Tipap, Mickenson, Esaie, and usually Joelle. Joelle was there mostly every night, but a lot of times he left early.
68. Jeanbeauvis was in the mountains for most of this trip... we saw him once.
69. In 6th grade, we had to do a term of typing class.
70. I was the fastest typer in my class with about 20 words per minute (WPM)
71. Last Friday I got 100 WPM in my computer readiness class.
72. I didn't make any errors either.
73. I thought I was going to faint. :)
74. I can't get that high any more... I get like 80's now.
75. I hate bellybuttons.
76. We had to learn how to say "bellybutton" in Spanish last week.
77. The teacher asked me why I made such a funny face every time she said "ombligo" (bellybutton in Spanish... look what you learned) :)
78. Basically the whole class laughed at me when I said I hate bellybuttons and I don't know why, they just creep me out.
79. Yesterday a girl in my class freaked out on me for saying "ew" really quietly when my teacher said "bellybutton".
80. I thought it was highly comical :)
81. She turned around as was like "Would you quit with the bellybutton thing!?! If you don't like it, tear it out or something!!" This guy in my class was like "I can't do that..." HA good stuff.
82. Apparently I have the ability to pick up on languages really fast.
83. That's what people tell me anyways :)
84. Right now, I am trying to learn Creole and Spanish.
85. It's hard.
86. My Aunt Julie and Uncle Ron have their own photography business, and they asked me to model some senior pics for them :)
87. It was a lot of fun, we went all around downtown Holland.
88. I had to pretend to pet a dog and talk to a guy that were part of a mural on the wall.
89. It was SO much fun! They took like 600 pics total I think.
90. I love taking pictures and want to be a mission photographer someday.
91. I have 31 cousins, including marriages and their kids.
92. I have 6 uncles and 6 aunts.
93. I have one living Grandma.
94. My mom's mom died one year, the next year my dad's dad died, and the year after that my mom's dad died.
95. I saw my Grandma yesterday - she dropped off some cookies for my dad :) They are yummy.
96. During the summer, I babysit a few days a week for the Sall's.
97. I am saving up to buy a car when I get my liscense.
98. Cookies 'n' Cream and Peanut Butter M & M's are my weaknesses :)
99. I think I got food poisoning from bad Strawberry Milk driving home from Minnesota a few weeks ago. :(
100. I don't think my life is very interesting so far. :)
Wow. That was fun! And kind of hard... well some parts were, once I thought of something, I got quite a few. Now I have to do some exercises before my brother gets home and I have to study for a World History test tomorrow!! Eek.
Love Love Love