Friday, August 1, 2008

Psalm 55

Psalm 55
4-8 My insides are turned inside out;
specters of death have me down.
I shake with fear,
I shudder from head to foot.
"Who will give me wings," I ask-
"wings like a dove?"
Get me out of here on dove wings.
I want some peace and quiet.
I want a walk in the country.
I want a cabin in the woods.
I'm desperate for a change.
From rage and stormy weather.
16-19 I call to God;
God will help me.
At dusk, dawn, and noon I sigh
deep sighs- He hears, He rescues.
My life is well and whole,
secure in the middle of danger.
Even while thousands
are lined up against me.
God hears it all. And from his judge's bench,
puts them in their place.
But, set in their ways,
they won't change;
they pay Him no mind.
22 Pile your troubles on God's shoulders-
He'll carry your load, He'll help you out.
He'll never let good people
topple into ruin.
23b And I trust in You.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm glad to see you going to scripture for comfort hon. This is the worst part about mission trips - the coming back to the states again. I know you don't feel like this is your home now but I am always here for you - to talk to, to cry to...

I love you more than I could even explain and I my heart aches when you are hurting. Keep turning to God - He knows how to give you the comfort you need.