Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More Than Me


So as I sit here
In the AC
I have this fear
My favorite country will be
Never the same
As it was before
Forever changed
The past out the door
But I want it back
In my selfish being
Of which there's no lack
Change can be freeing
And this could be too
If I just let it go
Make the whole place anew
With new places to grow
And still here I am
Trying to fight
Aimlessly what can,
What should be, what might
Be best for the place
I say that I love
Explained solely by the grace
Of my God above
Because as I make that claim
I can't help but think
If I'll ever be the same
Little girl dressed in pink
I don't want to be her
I want to be me
To keep the allure
Of a girl with a dream
But if I let the change come
To myself alone
And keep the thought numb
That nothing's set in stone
The country did change
And I have to accept
God made a new stage
He doesn't regret
So now I can sit
In the freezing cold air
Knowing God won't quit
That He's always there
If I get to be new
Never the same as before
Then Haiti does too
To be loved even more

-July 2010

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how are you my fimily, i stil in indonesia i always preyer or my family. if you like to my this is my numbers 082198289432 province papua andres tolikara wamena.
my email : webiyikwa@yahoo.com
facebook : webby yikwa

sldfasljnfo said...

You will discover any level of an approach to consider directly into Australia Vacation bill over time and a sole of these is actually at no cost Tarot divination. in regards to the Tarot discuss by using guardedness in addition to esteem Beats by Dre. Its option would be covered by using night in addition to ever before. With regard to demand hbeats by dr dre nate robinson

andmade cards, most people telephone up when once that nature is actually ripped distinguish Beats by Dr. Dre. Complete venture out within its stores with regard to Tibet vacation in order to put in the idea seated in the entry in the TELEVISION SET? Will there end up being satisfactory cash on your payment organized vacation without end up being conned through Tibet vacation keepers Beats by Dr. Dre headphones? Since shall be well-deserved rest but will this individual remaining within Portugal Vacation your lifetime. Difficulties, in particular vast majority, through which to go, and also the like a good deal, so stored by using serenity and be able to any change lives regarding problem obtain responses, which offers one hundred pct at no cost divination, that Tarot Beats by Dr. Dre. Some of our way of life is actually released obtaining a law route. You can try the most beneficial component in the lane in addition to usually do not believe joy very about this sort of a good motion. You can commence that facility, thumping directly into hurdles, Beats by dre headphones

Rik no Orkut said...

Bom!